Tampa, August 8, 2008 – Save-A-Lot, the nation’s largest edited assortment grocery chain, announces it will open a store in Tampa, located at 8320 North Florida Avenue, August 8. The company, headquartered in Earth City, operates close to 1,200 stores nationwide including approximately two dozen stores in the St. Louis area.
“We are very excited to open a store in Tampa,” said Jaime Powers, company spokesperson. “Save-A-Lot’s edited assortment retailing model and nationwide buying power allows us to offer the best quality groceries at a significant savings to shoppers. We are committed to offering local shoppers high-quality groceries at a savings of up to 40 percent.”
The Tampa store will carry fresh meat, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, canned goods and packaged items, multi-ethnic food items, frozen foods and more, plus non-food products like health and beauty care items. Save-A-Lot also offers a selection of unique general merchandise items, including houseware and hardware items.
The store will be open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and will employ approximately 15 to 20 employees.
A Different Kind of Grocery Store
Save-A-Lot is the nation’s largest and fastest growing edited assortment grocery chain with close to 1,200 stores in 39 states from Maine to California. There are many factors which separate Save-A-Lot from conventional grocery retailers, including:
• Smaller store size. Save-A-Lot’s smaller stores are designed to make shopping quick and convenient.
• Edited assortment. Save-A-Lot carries the products most used by consumers. By eliminating costly overhead and unnecessary amenities, the store can offer the best of the most frequently purchased products and pass the savings on to its customers.
• Quality products. Save-A-Lot features many exclusive products that meet or exceed the quality of the national brands. In fact, many of the same producers of name brands also produce Save-A-Lot exclusive brands. The difference is that Save-A-Lot shoppers don’t pay for costly national brand advertising and marketing. In addition, Save-A-Lot offers many national brands at a savings up to 40 percent.
• Fresh. Save-A-Lot operates a network of 15 distribution centers strategically located across the United States, allowing the company to provide the freshest product to stores.
• A True Neighborhood Store. In addition to a great experience and significant savings, Save-A-Lot is dedicated to being a neighborhood grocery store by supporting community organizations, activities and events that are consistent with its philanthropic philosophies.
Jaime Powers, (314) 592-9504