ST. LOUIS, November 12, 2008 – Save-A-Lot, the nation’s largest edited assortment grocery chain, announces that it has remodeled its Somerset, PA store, located at 1534 North Center Ave. in the Somerset Commons Plaza. The newly remodeled Somerset store will now be operated by Joe Ferraccio.
The store has undergone a complete remodeling. Shoppers will enjoy a more convenient shopping experience in the newer, brighter more contemporary Save-A-Lot store with an updated interior and exterior, an enhanced check-out system and new grocery carts. The store will also provide customers with fresh meats cut daily, and an expanded produce, frozen, dairy and meat department. The store has also expanded its hours and will now be open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Sunday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
“Save-A-Lot’s edited assortment retailing model and nationwide buying power allows us to offer the best quality groceries at a significant savings,” said Ferraccio. “Save-A-Lot is committed to offering local shoppers high-quality groceries at every day low prices with a savings of up to 40 percent.”
The new store will carry about 1,250 of the most frequently purchased grocery items, including fresh meat, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, canned goods and packaged items, frozen foods and more, plus non-food products like health and beauty care items.
A Different Kind of Grocery Store
Save-A-Lot is the nation’s largest and fastest growing edited assortment grocery chain with close to 1,200 stores in 39 states from Maine to California. There are many factors which separate Save-A-Lot from conventional grocery retailers, including:
• Smaller store size. At about 14,000 to 16,000 square feet, Save-A-Lot’s smaller stores are designed to make shopping quick and convenient.
• Edited assortment. Save-A-Lot carries 1,250 of the products most used by consumers. By eliminating costly overhead and unnecessary amenities, the store can offer the best of the most frequently purchased products and pass the savings on to its customers.
• Quality products. Save-A-Lot features approximately 900 exclusive products that meet or exceed the quality of the national brands. In fact, many of the same producers of name brands also produce Save-A-Lot exclusive brands. The difference is that Save-A-Lot shoppers don’t pay for costly national brand advertising and marketing. In addition, Save-A-Lot offers many national brands at a savings up to 40 percent.
• Fresh. Save-A-Lot operates a network of 15 distribution centers strategically located across the United States, allowing the company to provide the freshest product to stores.
• A True Neighborhood Store. In addition to a great experience and significant savings, Save-A-Lot is dedicated to being a neighborhood grocery store by supporting community organizations, activities and events that are consistent with its philanthropic philosophies.
Jaime Powers, (314) 592-9504