Save-A-Lot’s business model features many competitive advantages that help in today’s hard discount grocery industry. Some of these advantages are:
- Exclusive brands: High-quality, low-priced private label assortment accounts for 80% of our sales compared to only 20% in a conventional grocery store
- Fewer SKUs (stock keeping units): Reduced SKU assortment (approximately 2,000 items) covers more than 90% of everyday shopper needs
- Low prices: Buying power of over 1,300 stores delivers market-leading everyday low prices
- Neighborhood stores: Locating stores in diverse neighborhoods, hiring from within those communities and stocking product tailored to the neighborhood
- Shopping experience: Smaller stores average 15,000 sq. ft. and allow for a quick and easy shopping experience
- World-class distribution: 16 Best-in-class, dedicated distribution centers
© Save-A-Lot food stores, all rights reserved. This is not an offer of sale. Information subject to change.