Over 70% of all Save-A-Lot stores are owned by independent retailers. That’s why our proven business model is centered on them.
Below are some of the qualifications Save-A-Lot looks for in a licensed retailer:
|Preferred Experience||Grocery / Retail|
|Program||Ability to follow the Save-A-Lot program|
|Net Worth||$1 Million|
|Personal Finances||Solid personal financial history|
|Future Plans||Multi-unit development encouraged|
|Documentation||Complete license application, along with required supporting documentation|
Meet the above criteria? Open your very own Save-A-Lot. Qualified candidates may also be eligible for substantial financial incentives.
Where you decide to build your Save-A-Lot matters. To help make sure your store reaches its potential, Save-A-Lot has developed suggested guidelines for prospective store sites.
Suggested guidelines for prospective stores:
- Population of at least 35,000 in the primary trade area; 20,000 in rural areas
- High percentage of families with children
- Total building size of approximately 12,000 to 18,000 square feet
- Freestanding or in-line locations
- Primary position on pylon sign or freestanding monument sign
- Parking ratio 5 spaces per 1,000 sq. ft.
- Receiving area suitable for 53 foot semi-trailers
- Land required for ground-up development 2+ acres
- Excellent line of sight for visibility with good ingress/egress
- Co-tenancy with other value-oriented retailers desired