1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish.
2. In a medium bowl, use a potato masher to mash the rinsed and drained beans until there are no whole beans left, but chunks of beans remain. Or, pulse a few times in a food processor, then transfer to medium bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add this mixture and the shredded cheddar to the mashed beans. Mix well, until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
4. Transfer bean dip mixture to pie dish, and bake for 20 minutes. Dip is done baking when it’s heated through and the top is beginning to brown and bubble.
5. Garnish with additional cheese and/or chopped green onions (optional). Serve with J. Higgs Buttery Rounds or oven-crisped French bread slices.
No notes available at this time.