1. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a spoon or small melon baller.
2. Finely chop scooped out zucchini, place in a small bowl and stir in sour cream until well mixed.
3. Crumble sausage in skillet over medium heat and brown until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4. Remove sausage and drain. Wipe out skillet, retaining any browned bits from the sausage.
5. Return skillet to medium heat. Melt butter and sauté onions until softened and slightly caramelized, 5-10 minutes.
6. Add garlic and stir until combined and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Return sausage to pan with onions. Lower heat, stir in pasta sauce and simmer until warmed through.
7. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir in zucchini-sour cream mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Heat oven to 375°. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and arrange zucchini halves flat side up.
9. Spoon sausage mixture into hollowed out zucchini and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini boats are cooked through.
No notes available at this time.