1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13 x 9 baking pan with Westcott cooking spray. Prepare cake mix according to package directions and pour into prepared pan.
2. Chop 3/4 cup maraschino cherries. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
3. Reserve remaining cherries. Combine pineapple with juice and sugar in medium saucepan, heat to boiling over medium heat.
4. Cool slightly. Poke holes all over cake with toothpick. Spread pineapple mixture over cake; cool completely.
5. On a microwave safe plate, microwave coconut on high in 20-second intervals until lightly browned; cool. Spread cooled cake with topping; sprinkle with coconut. Garnish with reserved cherries.
No notes available at this time.