Irish Soda Bread
Prep Time 5-10
Cook Time 65-75
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Iodized Salt
- 3 Cups Raisins
- 2 (Lightly beaten) Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch round baking dish/cake pan (you can line a cookie sheet with foil, if necessary).
- Combine the following ingredients: flour (reserving 1 tablespoon), sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and raisins.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs, buttermilk and sour cream. Stir the wet ingredient mixture into dry mixture until flour is moistened.
- Mix the dough by kneading in bowl about 10 to 15 strokes until dough is sticky. Place in the prepared pan or cookie sheet and pat down.
- Cut a 3/4-inch deep cross slit in the top of the dough. Use the remaining flour to dust over the top.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes. Let cool by placing on a wire rack.