1. Combine brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup and cinnamon in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes.
2. Pour into a greased 9x13-inch pan; cover evenly with apple pie filling.
3. Combine eggs, milk and vanilla. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and arrange over apple filling.
4. Refrigerate overnight or several hours.
5. Bake uncovered 35 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. To serve flip bread over and spoon on apple syrup from pan. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
We do a lot of entertaining of family and friends who stay overnight. I created this recipe because I can make it ahead of time and in the morning serve my guests this delicious French toast. that only takes 35 minutes baking time.