(Rice With Milk Pudding)
1. Combine the rice, water, cinnamon stick, grated peel and salt in pot that has a lid.
2. Bring to a boil uncovered. Once it stars boiling immediately reduce to a simmer and cover. Continue cooking until all the water has been absorbed. Cooking time depends on what type of rice you are using. Use your regular cooking method as a guide to determine how much water to use and how long to cook. The variations for rice are too great (instant vs. converted, short grain vs. long grain, type of pot, etc). So just do what you normally do. If this is your first time making rice, do what is says on the box.
3. Once the water has been absorbed add the milk and sugar. Continue simmering.
4. Stir in the mixture constantly until it starts to thicken. Add the raisins and vanilla and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool about half an hour.
5. Place in individual serving dishes and refrigerate. One big tupperware container works too. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
No notes available at this time.