1. Rinse berries (if using fresh). Remove leaves, stems and core. Give them a course chop.
2. Place berries and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Gently bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
3. Allow sauce to reduce and thicken. After 10 minutes, taste and add sugar one tablespoon at a time to reach desired level of sweetness.
4. Puree 1/3 of the sauce in a blender, be careful to vent the steam. Return puree to the pan, and allow to cool.
5. Spoon over big bowls of rich vanilla ice cream, and enjoy this sunny summer treat!
Try it on angel food cake, cheesecake, and Morning Delight TM Buttermilk Waffles and French Toast, too!
Thanks to manifest from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.