Apple Turnover French Toast
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Margarine Quarters
- 2 tsp Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cans Apple Pie Filling
- 1 loaf White Bread
- 4 eggs Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- 1 tsp Imitation Vanilla
NotesWe do a lot of entertaining of family and friends who stay overnight. I created this recipe because I can make it ahead of time and in the morning serve my guests this delicious French toast. that only takes 35 minutes baking time.
- Combine brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup and cinnamon in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 9x13-inch pan; cover evenly with apple pie filling.
- Combine eggs, milk and vanilla. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and arrange over apple filling.
- Refrigerate overnight or several hours.
- Bake uncovered 35 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. To serve flip bread over and spoon on apple syrup from pan. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.