Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 5 minutes
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1-2 tbs Light Brown Sugar
- 6 oz Natural Applesauce Unsweetened
- 3/4 - 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Iodized Salt
- 1 chopped Apple
- 1/3 cup, chopped Pecans
- Combine oats, brown sugar, applesauce, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. Gradually stir in milk.
- When ingredients are thoroughly mixed together, cover the bowl and chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- After the applesauce and oats mixture has chilled for at least 9 hours, scoop into medium saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of apples and stir gently.
- Heat saucepan on a medium-high heat. Let the oatmeal simmer until done, or about 5 minutes. Occasionally stir in more milk if desired.
- Take the saucepan off the heat. Spoon into bowls and top with the remaining apple chunks and pecans if desired.