1. Preheat the oven to 375°Fahrenheit. Lightly grease the pan with butter.
2. Mix flour and baking powder together, adding in salt and mixing well. Beat well to mix butter and sugar until well-combined.
3. Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of eggs until creamy. Add in vanilla and mix well.
4. Fold the flour into the mixture and mix well. Finally, add in the milk.
5. Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan. Shake it lightly to distribute cake mixture evenly.
6. Bake until golden brown and cook for about 40 minutes.
7. Remove cake from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for 5 minutes.
Serve warm with a scoop of World’s Fair vanilla ice cream.
Thanks to manifest from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.