Crushed peppermint candies are the secret ingredient for this seasonal staple.
1. Place the candy canes or peppermint candies into a resealable plastic bag, and crush until candy pieces are approximately the size of small chocolate chips. You should have about ½ cup.
2. Prepare sugar cookie dough as directed on package. Mix crushed candy into the sugar cookie dough until evenly distributed. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Heat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (recommended, so you don’t have to worry about getting melted candy cane off of your baking sheet!).
4. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, roll in powdered sugar and place on prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
5. Lightly press down each ball with your fingers to slightly flatten the cookies. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom.
No notes available at this time.
Thanks to JB411 from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.