Candy Cane Cookies
Prep Time 60
Cook Time 12
- 1 pkg Sugar Cookie Mix
- 15 small candy canes
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Place the candy canes or peppermint candies into a resealable plastic bag, and crush until candy pieces are approximately the size of small chocolate chips. You should have about ? cup.
- Prepare sugar cookie dough as directed on package. Mix crushed candy into the sugar cookie dough until evenly distributed. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (recommended, so you don?t have to worry about getting melted candy cane off of your baking sheet!).
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, roll in powdered sugar and place on prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Lightly press down each ball with your fingers to slightly flatten the cookies. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom.