Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- 1 pkg Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 pk Orange Gelatin
- 1 pk Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- 2 Grade A Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Imitation Vanilla
- 1 tub Whipped Topping
NotesFor a layered Creamsicle Cake: Make the cake batter as directed, then pour batter evenly into 3 round 9" cake pans. Bake cakes as directed and let cool. Then, make the orange gelatin as directed on the package, but with this version, you'll let the gelatin set up instead of pouring it into the cake. We recommend using your round cake pans, or using a 13x17" jelly roll pan (1" deep cookie sheet with edges). Once you pour the liquid gelatin mixture into the pans, it will need to be refrigerated for about 4 hours. Meanwhile, make the pudding mixture according to the original recipe. Finally, layer in this order: cake, gelatin pudding mixture. Repeat once more for a 6-layered Creamsicle Cake.
- Bake the cake as directed in a 9 x 13" pan. Let cake cool completely. Poke holes in cooled cake.
- Mix 1 package orange gelatin dessert with 1 cup boiling water and 1 cup cold water. Pour over cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Mix pudding mix with cold milk, the other package of orange gelatin dessert and vanilla.
- Beat by hand with a whisk until thickened. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Frost the cake with the pudding mixture.