Irish Apple Cake
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 40-45
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Iodized Salt
- 3 Yolks Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 Cup (softened) Butter
- 1 3/4 Cup Applesauce
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the following: flour, sugar and salt. Add in egg yolks and butter and beat until thoroughly combined to create dough.
- In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and cinnamon.
- Place half of the dough in prepared baking dish and press down to form a dough crust.
- Layer applesauce mixture on top of the pressed dough. Add the remaining dough on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.