No Bake Strawberry Pie
Prep Time 37 minutes
Cook Time 0
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Deep Dish Pie Shell
- 2 16-oz packages Frozen Whole Strawberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed, dried, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice (about one lemon)
- 2 tbsp Plain Gelatin
- Pinch of Iodized Salt
- Optional Whipped Topping
- Optional World's Fair Vanilla or Strawberry Ice Cream
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, cook frozen strawberries for 5 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high and continue cooking until berries thicken, approximately 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, water and gelatin and let rest 5 minutes - until gelatin softens and mixture thickens.
- Stir gelatin, sugar and salt into cooked berries. Return to a simmer for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in fresh sliced strawberries and pour mixture into pie shell. Place in refrigerator until completely set, at least 5 hours.
- Slice to serve and top with whipped topping or ice cream on the side.