Patriotic Cherry Vanilla Parfait
Prep Time 90
Cook Time 0
- 3 pkgs Cherry Gelatin
- 1 pkg Sweetened Milk Condensed
- 1 pkg Whipped Topping
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
NotesFor a quicker preparation, you can make this as a 4-layer dessert, skipping the final layer of gelatin. You can also make it more complex with additional layers and colors.
- Dissolve one package of the cherry gelatin into ? cup boiling water. When the powder has dissolved, stir in ? cup cold water.
- Carefully divide the gelatin among 6 tall glasses. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the whipped topping and cream cheese until well-blended. Spoon half of the mixture evenly into the six glasses. Freeze for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Repeat the same process with the second box of cherry gelatin. Divide the mixture evenly among the six glasses, pouring it slowly over the white layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Spoon the remaining whipped topping-cream cheese mixture into the six glasses. Freeze for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Repeat the process with the final box of cherry gelatin. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.