Pink Meringue Cookies
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 180
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Strawberry Gelatin (Powder)
NotesWhen you separate the egg whites from the yolks, be careful not to get ANY yolk in with the whites. Otherwise, your egg whites will not fluff up the way you need them to.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Fit a pastry bag with a large tip (your choice: star or round). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a large, heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the bowl touch the water. You can also use a double boiler or bain-marie.)
- Place the egg whites, vinegar and sugar in the bowl, and whisk vigorously until the sugar has dissolved.
- Transfer mixture into a clean, dry bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture until stiff peaks form, for approximately 7 minutes. Gently fold in the strawberry gelatin powder.
- Transfer mixture to your pastry bag, and pipe into 5 inch swirls, 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Overnight Method: Bake your meringues for 90 minutes, then turn off the oven and open the oven door, leaving with the meringues in there to cool down with the oven overnight.
- Same-Day Method: Bake meringues for 3 hours or until completely dry and crunchy. Remove from the oven immediately and allow to cool.