Red Velvet Cupcakes
Prep Time 10-12
Cook Time 20-25
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 3 Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 oz red food coloring
- 1 can (16oz) Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two 12-cup muffin pans, or line with 20 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and cake mix until evenly distributed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, vinegar and food coloring. Add the dry ingredients, then beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Distribute the batter evenly to create 20 cupcakes, filling each cup 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until cupcake tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool cupcakes completely on wire rack. When cool, frost with Ginger Evans Cream Cheese Frosting.