Slice and Bake Snickerdoodles
Prep Time 150
Cook Time 10-12
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 Tbsp Molasses
- 1 Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Iodized Salt
- 2 Tbsp, divided Ground Cinnamon
- Cream together the butter, ? cup of sugar and molasses in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Add this to the butter and sugar mixture in several batches, and mix on low speed or by hand, just until combined.
- Roll the dough into a log 1 ? inches in diameter (or two 1 ? inch diameter logs, if that?s easier), and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm, up to 3 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350?F.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-inch slices. Whisk together the remaining cinnamon and ? cup sugar (use more as needed), and sprinkle each cookie with the cinnamon-sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.