Snowy Chocolate Chewies
Prep Time 190
Cook Time 10
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cups Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Iodized Salt
- 6 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk or sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together brown sugar, shortening and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients to this mixture in 3 portions. With each addition, beat on medium speed just until ingredients are blended.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill for 3 hours. (That?s plenty of time to make another batch of cookies!)
- Heat oven to 375?F.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar, then in powdered sugar to coat completely. Place cookies 2 inches apart on un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are firm but not overdone. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.