Valentine Cut Out Cookies
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 10
- 2 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Home Churned butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Ginger Evans white sugar
- 1 Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (for rolling out the dough) Powdered Sugar
- 1 Heart-Shaped Cookie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate larger bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. With a mixer on low speed, gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Let dough stand at room temperature just until soft enough to roll, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle powered sugar onto a rolling pin and on a clean, dry surface. Place dough on top of the powdered sugar, and roll out to a ? inch thickness. Cut dough into heart shapes with cookie cutters. Roll out scraps, and repeat.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Stack 3 or 4 cookies and wrap with pink, red and white ribbon.