1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Once the oven is pre-heated, pierce potatoes with a fork or knife and place potatoes on the middle oven rack. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the skins are crisp and a knife easily cuts through a potato.
3. Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the middles, leaving about 1/4 inch intact. Brush the insides of the potatoes with the melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Flip the potatoes over, brush the skin sides with butter, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the potato halves skin-side up on a greased baking sheet and broil for about 2-3 minutes. Be sure to watch the potatoes carefully to ensure they don’t burn! Flip the potato halves over and broil until the top edges just start to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
5. Remove the skins from the oven and fill evenly with cheese and crumbled bacon. Place back in the oven and broil for another 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
No notes available at this time.
Thanks to manifest from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.