1. Cut bread into one-inch cubes and set aside on a greased baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, crack each egg and remove the yolk before pouring into a medium mixing bowl. Once you have four egg whites only, beat together in the medium mixing bowl.
3. Next, cut cheddar cheese into cubes. Melt butter and cubed cheeses in a double boiler over low heat. Stir often to achieve the right consistency. Remove the cheese and butter mixture from the heat and slowly fold in the beaten egg whites.
4. Spread a light coat of the cheese mixture on each side of the bread cubes. Sprinkle garlic powder on one of the bread cube sides if desired.
5. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes on a greased baking sheet and serve.
No notes available at this time.
Thanks to manifest from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.