1. Heat the oil in a deep skillet at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Separate the onion slices into ¼ inch rings and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir together to mix. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolk, then stir in milk. Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
4. In a third bowl, beat egg white until soft peaks form, then fold into the egg-flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
5. Dip onion rings into batter and fry in oil until onion rings turn golden brown, for about 5-7 minutes.
6. Retrieve with tongs or a fork. Drain the cooked onion rings on a paper towel, and let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm with Kurtz ketchup!
No notes available at this time.
Thanks to manifest from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.