Cheesy Mexican Casserole
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 20
- 1 Can Refried Beans
- 1 Can Dark Kidney Beans
- 1 Cup, chopped Yellow Onions
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Mild Salsa
- 1 Pkg Frozen Corn
- 5 Cups Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 5 (10 Inch) Flour Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, cook ground beef until browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Add refried beans, kidney beans, chopped onions and frozen corn into the saucepan. Cook ingredients on medium to high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once ingredients cook thoroughly, turn off heat and set aside.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of the greased pan. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the cooked ingredients onto the top of the tortilla and spread evenly.
- Layer a few tablespoons of salsa over the mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese over the salsa.
- Place another tortilla over the salsa, and add more of the cooked ingredients onto the top of the tortilla and spread evenly. Layer a few tablespoons of salsa over the mixture. Again, sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese over the salsa.
- Repeat this layering process. Once the final tortilla has been placed atop the mixture, cover with remaining salsa and remaining cheese.
- Place pie pan in oven, and cook 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve warm. Place a dollop of sour cream on the casserole, and enjoy!