Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 8 oz Elbow Macaroni
- 1 jar Pasta Sauce Traditional
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese Chunk
- 2 Tbsp Margarine Quarters
NotesWhen my youngsters were in elementary school, this baked macaroni recipe was a quick meal to get on the table for those hungry mouths. Since this is an easy casserole recipe, it's good to serve with a salad and a cooked vegetable, which you can put together while the macaroni casserole is baking.
Make this baked macaroni recipe your own by adding frozen vegetables like peas and broccoli.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Cook macaroni and drain well
- In a 9x9 (1 1/2-quart) casserole dish, create your macaroni casserole layers by alternating macaroni with sauce and cheese, ending with a liberal layer of cheese.
- Toss the bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle over the top. Bake the macaroni casserole for 25 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and surface is lightly browned and crispy.