1. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, cook frozen strawberries for 5 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high and continue cooking until berries thicken, approximately 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, water and gelatin and let rest 5 minutes - until gelatin softens and mixture thickens.
3. Stir gelatin, sugar and salt into cooked berries. Return to a simmer for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool to room temperature.
4. Stir in fresh sliced strawberries and pour mixture into pie shell. Place in refrigerator until completely set, at least 5 hours.
5. Slice to serve and top with whipped topping or ice cream on the side.
No notes available at this time.