These easy party pinwheel appetizers are a terrific make-ahead finger food. A light and fun cream cheese appetizer like this one is sure to be a popular dish at virtually any gathering. With a few quick slices, tortilla roll-ups filled with bacon, cream cheese and veggies are transformed into bite-size party snacks that feed a crowd!
1. Soften the cream cheese until it’s easily spreadable. Add the 2 cups of shredded cheese and bacon bits, and blend well.
2. Add the green onions and tomatoes, and mix lightly until blended.
3. Take a tortilla and cut about an inch off the two opposite sides. Spread about 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture over the entire tortilla, and roll up from the rounded end like a jelly roll.
4. Repeat with the remaining tortillas until all filling has been used. Wrap the tortilla roll-ups individually in plastic wrap and chill for an hour (or overnight if desired).
5. Unwrap and slice the tortilla roll-ups into ½-inch slices, arrange on a plate, and your party pinwheel appetizers are ready to serve!
I came up with this recipe about 10 years ago. I was always experimenting with different kinds of party foods to serve, and discovered that a cream cheese appetizer was often a hit. I have made these party pinwheel appetizers for weddings, parties, baby showers and all kinds of get-togethers. It is my most requested party snack.