Light, fluffy and only 4 ingredients!
1. Preheat oven to 200ºF.
2. Fit a pastry bag with a large tip (your choice — star or round). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Place a large, heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the bowl touch the water. You can also use a double boiler or bain-marie.)
4. Place the egg whites, vinegar and sugar in the bowl, and whisk vigorously until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Transfer mixture into a clean, dry bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture until stiff peaks form, for approximately 7 minutes. Gently fold in the strawberry gelatin powder.
6. Transfer mixture to your pastry bag, and pipe into 1.5” swirls, 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
Overnight Method: Bake your meringues for 90 minutes, then turn off the oven and open the oven door, leaving with the meringues in there to cool down with the oven overnight.
Same-Day Method: Bake meringues for 3 hours or until completely dry and crunchy. Remove from the oven immediately and allow to cool.
When you separate the egg whites from the yolks, be careful not to get ANY yolk in with the whites. Otherwise, your egg whites will not fluff up the way you need them to.
Thanks to JB411 from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.