With almost no prep work required, this pizza calzone recipe is one of the easiest calzone recipes you’ll find! No need to knead pizza dough. No saucepots simmering for hours. Simply requiring ready-to-use pizza ingredients from your local Save-A-Lot, this easy calzone recipe will help you put dinner on the table in no time! Of course, there’s plenty of room to add your favorite veggies or different kinds of meats. So next time the pizza craving hits, don’t call for delivery — try this cheesy, tasty, easy calzone recipe instead.
1. Grease the bottom of 9”x13” pan.
2. Unroll 1 of the packages of crescent rolls and place it onto the bottom of the pan. This will be the bottom crust of your pizza calzone.
3. Spread pizza sauce on top. Layer on the pepperoni and mozzarella (and any other toppings you’d like to add).
4. Unroll the second package of crescent rolls and lay it over the toppings, creating the top crust of your pizza calzone.
5. Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until golden and slightly browned. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then slice and serve.
You can easily turn this pizza calzone recipe into your family’s own personalized calzone recipe. Add mushrooms, onions and green peppers for a “supreme” pizza, or double up the veggies and leave off the meat to make an easy, healthy vegetarian calzone. I make half of the pan "supreme" and half just ham and pepperoni to please everyone in my family.
Thanks to my3sons from Ada, MI for submitting this recipe.