(Chicken in Egg and Almond Sauce)
1. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Sauté the onion, garlic, and dry mustard until the onion is soft.
3. Place the chicken into a large pot. Add enough stock to just cover the chicken. If you run out, you can make up the difference with just plain water.
4. Add the onion and garlic mixture. Add the cut up potatoes. Add salt and pepper if desired. Throw in any of your favorite seasoning, if you want, such as basil or rosemary. Bring to a boil.
5. When it reaches a boiling point, cover the pot and reduce to a simmer, about low to medium heat. Simmer covered until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken and potatoes to a plate. Leave about 1 cup of stock remaining. If there is more than that left in the pot, boil uncovered until the amount of liquid is reduced. If you have less, add more stock to water until you have the necessary amount.
7. Place the 1 cup of stock, the boiled eggs, and the almonds in a food processor or blender. Mix until you have a smooth puree. Pour over the chicken and serve.
No notes available at this time.