You can never have too many leftover chicken recipes — and a delicious chicken quesadilla recipe is a great one to keep on hand! With a little Tex-Mex flavor from taco seasoning, a few delicious fillings, and hardly any prep work, you’ll come back to this dish again and again. Add fresh or frozen veggies to make this chicken quesadilla recipe even healthier, or leave out the queso if you’re watching your cholesterol. Never again be bored by leftover chicken recipes… Add a little flare and a lot of flavor with easy chicken quesadillas!
1. Bake chicken breasts in a casserole pan for 45 minutes on 425ºF.
2. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, tear it into bite-size pieces and place them in a 10-inch skillet. Mix in the taco seasoning, then fill the seasoning packet with water and add it to the skillet. Keep this warm over low heat as you continue with the next steps.
3. Butter one side of each tortilla, then heat one at a time in a separate skillet over medium heat. Place about 3 Tbsp of the seasoned chicken on the tortilla, spreading it to the edges.
4. Top this with refried beans, salsa and queso (3 tsp each). Butter another tortilla and place it on top, butter side up. Lightly press it down with a wide spatula to spread the queso and salsa, and cook 2 minutes.
5. Using the spatula, flip the quesadilla and cook the other side until lightly browned. To serve, top with salsa, queso or Coburn Farms sour cream.
I am a single mom with 3 kids and really got tired of making the same old thing. I had all the things for this chicken quesadilla recipe at home. Actually, the first time I made this quesadilla recipe, I used leftover chicken, and now it’s one of my favorite leftover chicken recipes. Just mix it with the taco seasoning, then warm it in the skillet. It is very quick, easy and yummy!!