1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease two 12-cup muffin pans, or line with 20 paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and cake mix until evenly distributed.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, vinegar and food coloring. Add the dry ingredients, then beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
4. Distribute the batter evenly to create 20 cupcakes, filling each cup ½ to 2/3 full.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until cupcake tops spring back when lightly pressed.
6. Cool cupcakes completely on wire rack. When cool, frost with Ginger Evans Cream Cheese Frosting.
No notes available at this time.
Thanks to JB411 from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.