This decadent holiday treat is sure to bring a smile to Santa’s face!
1. In a medium bowl, whisk or sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat together brown sugar, shortening and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
3. Add the dry ingredients to this mixture in 3 portions. With each addition, beat on medium speed just until ingredients are blended.
4. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill for 3 hours. (That’s plenty of time to make another batch of cookies!)
5. Heat oven to 375ºF.
6. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar, then in powdered sugar to coat completely. Place cookies 2 inches apart on un-greased baking sheet.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are firm but not overdone. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
No notes available at this time.
Thanks to JB411 from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.