1. Steam green beans until tender but crisp, about 3 minutes.
2. Plunge into ice water to stop them from cooking further and to set the green color.
3. Pack beans into jars. Depending on size, it should take about four. Add half a garlic clove, one sprig of dill, and several jalapeno slices to each jar.
4. In a saucepan, bring vinegar, water and sugar to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Pour into each jar being sure beans are completely submerged. Allow to cool slightly, then cover tightly with lid.
6. Let jars cool to room temperature then store in refrigerator for at least 2 days for flavors to combine. Pickles will keep up to 6 months.
No notes available at this time.
Thanks to manifest from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.