1. Wash, hull and puree 1 lb of the fresh strawberries.
2. Squeeze pureed berries through a fine mesh sieve over a medium-large bowl to separate juice. Discard leftover pulp and seeds.
3. Place 1/3 cup of the strawberry juice into a separate bowl and microwave until hot, about 45 seconds. Add the Ginger Evans™ gelatin and stir until dissolved.
4. Create an ice bath by filling a bowl with a 2-to-1 ice-to-water ratio. Carefully set the bowl of remaining strawberry juice into the ice bath. Do not allow any ice water to get into the juice.
5. Using an electric mixer, mix the gelatin-juice solution into the bowl of strawberry juice. Continue mixing on high until the mixture becomes thick, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate until set up, at least 2 hours.
6. Gently fill the Ginger Evans™ pie crust with your strawberry foam, then cover with Smart Selections™ whipped topping and smooth out.
7. Neatly arrange strawberry slices on top, as you desire. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours until firm. Serve frozen.
No notes available at this time.
Thanks to manifest from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.