1. Stir canned chili and water together in a large skillet until mixed. Bring to a boil.
2. Crack and drop eggs into boiling chili one at a time. Stir lightly to make sure egg is not sticking to skillet.
3. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove cover and add shredded cheese over eggs. Re-cover and remove from heat.
5. Ready to serve when cheese has melted. Serve garnished with sour cream and tortilla chips. Serves 2-4. Recipe easily multiplied for more servings.
On an extremely tight budget I needed a quick meal that was high in protein and low in cost. Recipe is easily multiplied for a crowd. My grandkids love this dish more than pizza, because they can help make it. Great quick meal for lunch or dinner after a long day.