Make a batch of these heart-shaped sugar cookies for your sweetheart!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a separate larger bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. With a mixer on low speed, gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Let dough stand at room temperature just until soft enough to roll, about 10 minutes.
4. Sprinkle powered sugar onto a rolling pin and on a clean, dry surface. Place dough on top of the powdered sugar, and roll out to a ¼ inch thickness. Cut dough into heart shapes with cookie cutters. Roll out scraps, and repeat.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
6. Stack 3 or 4 cookies and wrap with pink, red and white ribbon.
No notes available at this time.
Thanks to JB411 from St. Louis, MO for submitting this recipe.