Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- 1 pkg Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 oz Maraschino Cherries
- 1 can Crushed Pineapple
- 1 cup Fancy Flake Coconut
- 2 ct Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13 x 9 baking pan with Westcott cooking spray. Prepare cake mix according to package directions and pour into prepared pan.
- Chop 3/4 cup maraschino cherries. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Reserve remaining cherries. Combine pineapple with juice and sugar in medium saucepan, heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Cool slightly. Poke holes all over cake with toothpick. Spread pineapple mixture over cake; cool completely.
- On a microwave safe plate, microwave coconut on high in 20-second intervals until lightly browned; cool. Spread cooled cake with topping; sprinkle with coconut. Garnish with reserved cherries.