Prep Time 15
Cook Time 0
- 8 Granny Smith Apples
- 8 Chopsticks or Craft Sticks
- 2 cups, packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/4 stick Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Push the wooden sticks down (from the bottom up) into the apple cores, and set aside. Prepare an ice water bath by filling a bowl halfway with ice and water.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook approximately 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Immediately dip the bottom of the saucepan in the ice water bath and let it chill until the bubbles have subsided, about 1 minute.
- Stir until stiff caramel from the bottom is incorporated into the warm caramel on top. Remove from the ice and water, and set saucepan back on the stove
- Dip the apples one at a time into the caramel, rotating once to coat 3/4 of the way up the sides. Lift the apple straight up from the caramel, letting the excess drip back into the pot until the drips have slowed, about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Flip the apple so the stem is facing downward and let the caramel set, about 10 to 15 seconds more. Place on the prepared baking sheet, stem side up, and repeat with the remaining apples.
- Allow apples to set in refrigerator, at least 10 minutes.