Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Prep Time 5-10
Cook Time 5
- 16 oz package confectioners sugar
- 2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 stick, softened butter
- Line one large baking sheet with aluminum foil and another with waxed paper; set both aside.
- Beat together the peanut butter and butter in a large bowl until blended and smooth. Add the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time; blend until smooth.
- Press the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place the balls on the foil-lined sheet. Let stand until firm, for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a heatproof bowl, setting atop of a pot of simmering water over medium-high heat. Stir continuously until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Using a toothpick for a handle pierce each ball, then dip into the melted chocolate. Spoon chocolate over the balls to coat them, if needed.
- Set the balls on the waxed-paper-lined sheet and top each with a peanut half. Refrigerate until set for about 30 minutes.