Easy Cherry Sponge Cake
Prep Time 15
Cook Time 35-40
- 1 Cup Margarine Quarters
- 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- 4 Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups (pitted) Fresh Large Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla extract. Fold in flour until just blended.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Spoon fresh cherries into batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool, then dust with confectioners' sugar.