Mini Heart Shaped Cakes
Prep Time 15-20
Cook Time 20
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3 Grade A Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Water
- 8 oz Aerosol Whipped Cream Topping
- 1-2 servings Vanilla Pudding 4 Pack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 10x15 sheet cake pan, then dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, eggs and sour cream. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, then stir in the cocoa powder, cinnamon and water. Boil for 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Stir into the cake mix/egg mixture. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While cake is cooling, make the frosting. Beat or whisk together the whipped topping and 1 pack of vanilla pudding until evenly combined. Add second pudding pack if desired, to create your desired texture.
- When cake is cool, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter (whatever size you'd like) to cut out cake layers.
- Layer your mini cakes as desired. To create a 3-layer mini heart-shaped cake: Top one heart with frosting, then another heart, then another layer of frosting, then another heart. Repeat to create additional servings, until all sheet cake has been used.
- To serve, top each mini heart-shaped cake with a dollop of whipped topping and chocolate shavings (optional).