Strawberry Foam Pie
Prep Time 15
Cook Time 0
- 1 Graham Cracker Ready Crust
- 1 lbs Fresh Strawberries, to make juice
- 1 pkg Strawberry Gelatin
- 1 cup Whipped Topping
- 1/2 lbs Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Wash, hull and puree 1 lb of the fresh strawberries.
- Squeeze pureed berries through a fine mesh sieve over a medium-large bowl to separate juice. Discard leftover pulp and seeds.
- Place 1/3 cup of the strawberry juice into a separate bowl and microwave until hot, about 45 seconds. Add the Ginger Evans gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Create an ice bath by filling a bowl with a 2-to-1 ice-to-water ratio. Carefully set the bowl of remaining strawberry juice into the ice bath. Do not allow any ice water to get into the juice.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the gelatin-juice solution into the bowl of strawberry juice. Continue mixing on high until the mixture becomes thick, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate until set up, at least 2 hours.
- Gently fill the Ginger Evans pie crust with your strawberry foam, then cover with Smart Selections whipped topping and smooth out.
- Neatly arrange strawberry slices on top, as you desire. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours until firm. Serve frozen.