Prep Time 20
Cook Time 0
- 2-15oz. cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 pkg Hormel Sandwich Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 diced Red Peppers
- 1 diced Sweet Onion
- Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 2-15oz Water
- 8oz Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 1 tsp Iodized Salt
- 1 tbsp, chopped Garlic
- 3 tbsp Basil
- 3 tbsp Oregano Crushed
- 2, 6oz cans Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Italian Shredded Cheese
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add diced bell pepper and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes. Add the diced onions and continue to cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring lightly but constantly, for about 5 minutes (make sure you stir and watch because the tomato paste will burn easily).
- Stir in the minced garlic. Add the tomato sauce and water, stir to blend well, then add the rest of the spices and stir once more. Cook over low heat for about an hour.
- When sauce is done, add 8 oz. (half a box) of Mantia's Pasta - whichever shape you prefer ? to a medium pot of boiling water. Cook for about 8-10 minutes. When pasta is cooked, drain, but do not rinse. Set pasta aside.
- ASSEMBLE: Cover the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan or casserole dish with sauce. Top with a layer of pasta.
- Cover pasta with sauce. Top with a layer of pepperoni, then cheese. Repeat layers ? pasta, sauce, pepperoni, one more layer of sauce and then top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.