Super Simple Huevos Rancheros
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- 1 can Chili with Beans
- 1 cup Water
- 4 Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 bag Nacho Tortilla Chips
NotesOn an extremely tight budget I needed a quick meal that was high in protein and low in cost. Recipe is easily multiplied for a crowd. My grandkids love this dish more than pizza, because they can help make it. Great quick meal for lunch or dinner after a long day.
- Stir canned chili and water together in a large skillet until mixed. Bring to a boil.
- Crack and drop eggs into boiling chili one at a time. Stir lightly to make sure egg is not sticking to skillet.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Remove cover and add shredded cheese over eggs. Re-cover and remove from heat.
- Ready to serve when cheese has melted. Serve garnished with sour cream and tortilla chips. Serves 2- Recipe easily multiplied for more servings.